Who are Nonprofit Ally Members?
Nonprofit Allies are nonprofit capacity builders that also play an advocacy role, educating charitable nonprofits in a state about policy issues that affect charitable nonprofits.
Nonprofit Allies are invited to become members of the National Council of Nonprofits only in states where there is not an existing State Association Member of the Council of Nonprofits. Nonprofit Allies become affiliated as members of the Council of Nonprofits upon acceptance of their membership application and payment of annual dues. For more information, please contact Jennifer Chandler.
Benefits of Nonprofit Ally Membership
- Participate in monthly Policy Forum calls with staff of the Council of Nonprofits and peer organizations around the country;
- Receive special Nonprofit Ally eblast alerts from the Council of Nonprofits about resources and information to share with the nonprofits in your state, including template messages to help save you time, discount opportunities to share with your members, and potential revenue sharing programs for your organization;
- Invite your members to participate in free national webinars hosted by the National Council o Nonprofits. Webinars in 2013 featured the IRS, and other thought-leaders speaking on topics relevant to all charitable nonprofits;
- As available, Council of Nonprofits staff may present keynotes and/or conduct educational workshops at your annual conferences (actual travel costs and a reduced-rate honorarium are requested to defray the Council of Nonprofits’ expenses).
- Nonprofit Allies are listed on the Council of Nonprofits' website with a link to their home pages.
- Attend regional convenings and the annual Member Meeting of the National Council of Nonprofits - engage with and learn from your peers around the network. (You pay registration fee and travel costs.)
Nonprofit Ally annual dues are $6 per dues-paying member of the Ally organization (except students). The minimum dues level is $750.
View the roster of current Nonprofit Allies. For more details please contact Jennifer Chandler, Vice President and Director of Network Support & Knowledge Sharing, at (202) 962-0322.