Why Nonprofits Join their State Association - To advance the mission
- Advocacy. Learn about critical policy issues affecting the nonprofit sector in your state and community, and join your nonprofit's voice with others at the statehouse.
- Impact. It’s all about advancing your mission. With the right skills and tools, you can measure your nonprofit’s effectiveness and communicate the value your nonprofit brings to your community.
- Capacity. Build your nonprofit's capacity to operate more effectively; participate in educational programs and conferences on essential topics such as fundraising, marketing, advocacy, governance, collaboration, managing your staff and volunteers, building your board, technology and leadership skills. These opportunities take your nonprofit to its next level of operational growth, and help it achieve new outcomes.
- Join the Conversation. Network with your peers: share ideas, and exchange solutions online.
- Resources. Learn about funding opportunities, marketing, and communication skills; fundraising software and databases, how to diversify your nonprofit's income and make connections that raise your nonprofit's profile, as well as funds to support its mission.
- Grow! Lead! Acquire new skills, hear about trends that matter as you lead your organization into the future, and as you strengthen your own leadership skills, help build a stronger nonprofit sector in your state.
- Save Money. Benefit from discounts on products and services that are available only to members of the state association.
- Save Time. Get fast and reliable answers to your management and governance questions.
- Foster Collaboration. Create strategic partnerships that can serve your clients more effectively.
- Demonstrate integrity. Your State Association promotes principles of ethical practice, accountability, and transparency that advance the sector. Be in the know and be part of it.
Find your State Association and join today!
By joining a State Association Member of the National Council of Nonprofits you automatically become an Affiliate Member of the National Council of Nonprofits. No separate dues are owed to the Council of Nonprofits. Subscribe to our e-newsletters and converse with us on social media.
For nonprofits interested in exploring the formation of a State Association of nonprofits in your state, read about the Qualifications for State Association members of the National Council of Nonprofits, and learn about the Benefits of Being a State Association Member of the National Council of Nonprofits. Questions? Contact Jennifer Chandler, Vice President and Director of Network Support & Knowledge Sharing, at (202) 962-0322.